Utz products are already available in a climate-neutral form. By offsetting the CO2 share of plastic reusable packaging purchased from Utz, Utz products become climate neutral.
Utz takes targeted measures to continuously reduce the company's carbon footprint. As a result, the compensation amount is also steadily decreasing. Opt for climate-neutral reusable packaging today.
The Utz Group has a climate strategy and will reduce its carbon footprint to net zero by 2050. Thus it joins the goals of the EU, the USA, China and Switzerland, which were ratified as part of the Paris Agreement. Already today, the carbon footprint of the Utz Group is comparatively low. Environmentally friendly production is laid down in our corporate strategy.
By offsetting the remaining CO2 in Utz products, you support this path and at the same time reduce the CO2 footprint of your own company.
The myclimate carbon offset projects reduce emissions by replacing fossil energy sources with renewable energy or promoting energy-efficient technologies. High-quality carbon offset projects also contribute to social, environmental and economic development in the region.
A CO2 offset only makes a difference if the offset funds actually directly benefit the carbon offset projects. As a non-profit foundation, myclimate guarantees that at least 80 percent of the offset funds are used for the carbon offset projects on site. The charitable foundation requires the remaining maximum of 20 percent to cover administrative and foundation-internal costs.
myclimate invests exclusively in projects that bring concrete, measurable and long-term success. Only proven emission reductions that have actually taken place over a longer contract period of 7 to 14 years are offset in energy projects. The compensation money is generally paid out to the supported projects after the reductions have been achieved. The amount of the contribution depends on the amount of climate-impacting emissions actually saved.
All our products are designed as reusable products and are used by customers in a reusable cycle. Utz products thus often have a service life of over 20 years. Long in use, they do not accumulate as "waste". The best environmental protection.
Packaging solutions from Utz can be completely recycled. Design and choice of materials ensure this. Utz guarantees that all products will be taken back at the end of their service life and fully recycled by professionals.
In logistics, weight plays a major role. Utz reusable containers are extremely robust and durable on the one hand, and very light on the other. In transport logistics, they demonstrably help to improve utilization and avoid unnecessary transport routes.
The myclimate foundation implements carbon offset projects in all regions of the world and has thus offset nearly 10 million tons of CO2 to date. The certified carbon offset projects meet the highest international standards. You receive the offset certificate directly from myclimate. The money only flows into the projects once the offset certificate has been issued.
This is how measurable climate protection works.
Track the effectiveness of your offset payment
A tracking number is attached to your certificate from myclimate. Check online how much CO2 has been offset in total in the selected carbon offset project. Give us a call.
All Utz products from all Utz locations are available climate neutral.
Over the past 75 years, Utz has created tens of thousands of products for almost as many satisfied customers. Our catalog shows you the entire Utz product range.
© Georg Utz Holding AG