In the early 1950s, Georg Utz acquired the zigzag apparatus for sewing machines, a patented article with sole manufacturing and sales rights. After initial difficulties, he perfected the product and attracted the interest of many foreign sewing machine manufacturers. Finally, Georg Utz was able to conclude his first major deal with the Singer Company of New York. Thanks to rising sales, he soon employed 16 people. Because the space in Zurich was no longer sufficient, he rented a building from the Honegger silk weaving mill in Bremgarten, Aargau.
Where it all started. It was in Zurich Höngg where Georg Utz founded the "Georg Utz Werkzeug- und Apparatebau" in 1947. A year later already he moved the company to Zurich Altstetten and then again in 1953 to Bremgarten in the canton of Argovia, where the Swiss subsidiary and the Holding is still located today.